Sunday, May 14, 2017

Introduction Post


 
I made the last-minute decision to leave my hometown university and attend Indiana University in 2014. For the last 3 years, IU has been my home and extended family. I am currently a senior studying Elementary Education with a concentration in science. I have taken classes with topics ranging from finite (yuck) to witchcraft to meditation on-campus. In about one year, I will be student teaching in Ireland! This will only be my second time out of the country; the first was a visit to my aunt, uncle, and cousin in Thailand.
My cousin Rudo and I in Thailand
 
When I am not in Bloomington, I live in Northwestern Indiana. Between my parents, I am the oldest of eight. We're loud and love to laugh. I work as a summer camp counselor under the name of "Casper". I love to read and color and watch movies!
My mother's side of the family together for the holidays
 
Since studying to be an educator, I have wanted to provide the best learning experience for my students, and as my family has grown over my college career, I have noticed that representation truly matters. From LBGTQ issues to disabilities to race to religion to gender, the world is unique and wonderful. I'm always looking for new media, text, and ways to represent all people of the world. I cannot wait for this summer of learning and growth through BALFOUR's GALACTIC Global Infusion Pre-College Academy!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caitlyn,
    Amy asked me to contact you concerning the focus of your project. She (we) feel that there needs to be more of a focus on a specific global issue. The ideas your group was working around were good but didn't really focus on a specific issue. Here is a link to an article Amy sent me. The "Global Learning" section is helpful in examining specific issues. Once you all choose an issue, you may be able incorporate some of the activities you have already discussed. Remember, Monday through Thursday you can develop "lessons" and activities that focus on your issue and lead to your final product that will be presented on Friday. Please let me know if you need anything.
    Teresa
    https://www.aacu.org/liberaleducation/2015/summer/whitehead

    ReplyDelete